joi, 15 decembrie 2011

**** The Way Of Peace ****

A woman I trust told me the following story. All her life she had been someone who was attracted to psychics and healers. For a time she was led to explore the practice of Huna, the healing system that Hawaiian kahunas follow. This system is known for massages and other forms of body work, but she went deep into its esoteric aspects.
One thing that the kahuna kept repeating is that our bodies are just mental projections, and that we can heal them instantly using the mind. “That seemed true to me,” she said, “and one day when I was slicing vegetables, I looked down and noticed that I had gashed my hand. A red line of blood was already starting to ooze out. Instantly I had the thought, I can heal this.
I don’t remember doing anything else, but when I looked down, the gash was gone. There was no evidence that I had cut myself. I stopped and pulled the skin to see if I could find where I’d cut myself, but not even the faintest line was visible.”
It was the instantaneous impulse to heal that made her erase the first wound. There was no hesitation or doubt. The wound and healer met in a precise fit. Which is to say that healing is a place inside one’s awareness, and if you have access to that place, the normal rules governing the body no longer apply.
Peace involves all the things this story teaches. Peace will be achieved when we mesh our minds with an outbreak of violence and say, with total confidence, I can heal that. Like healing a gash in the hand, peace comes from a place we need to access. It isn’t a future event we need to wait for.
Peace is a reality that exists on a wave of consciousness that is closer to the center than we are now. We have to become aware of the laws of consciousness before reality will ever shift permanently.
Adapted from: Peace Is the Way, by Deepak Chopra (Harmony Books, 2005).

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu